In the 1940s Henri Matisse began a new method in his career that he called “painting with scissors“. The process was based on coloring papers with pure, intense and vibrant tones using the gouache technique. Then he cut them and combined them. That was how he created his ‘collages‘.
PAINT A CHEST OF DRAWERS STEP BY STEP
We have been inspired by his work to paint a wooden chest of drawers. Take note and learn to decorate your furniture and spaces like this!
- Pot and rag
- Acrylics of different colors
2. CHOOSE THE SURFACE YOU WANT TO PAINT
- In our case a wooden chest of drawers
- Cover the surface to be painted well.
4. WE START WITH DESIGN
- Pencil the shapes that you like the most
4. TO PAINT IN COLORS
- Paint the elements that you have previously drawn in pencil with the colors that you like the most, forming the collage.